The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old Yesterday, 11:53 PM
TTD Staff
474.39 GB/2.01 TB/4.34

Re: TTD Site Savers Post Here! (small update)

So what I am seeing right now is that no one wants to run this site. That is Fine! But, it means we will be closing in less than a month.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old Today, 04:17 AM
561.68 GB/1.02 TB/1.87

I would only change the above to say, "No one that knows how wants to run this site." I am sure there are plenty of us that would do it if we understood how to
Old Today, 06:18 AM
Independent collector
68.03 GB/677.00 GB/9.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
So what I am seeing right now is that no one wants to run this site.
I wonder if the reality of the site closing down hasn't set in with folks. Maybe taking the forum, the tracker, or both, offline for a day or two would wake the people up.

This is going to sound lame, but I personally want to participate in running the site (in some capacity), but I cannot see how I could. Time and ability are hard things to find.

Is it possible for a board or committee to admin the site? Is the thought of "one to run the site" just too overwhelming for anyone to volunteer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
That is Fine! But, it means we will be closing in less than a month.
You are truly an amazing person. <--- a sincere and genuine use of the smiley
You have had the skill and patience to build and run this site for 20 years. Finding Bradley (I hope he is doing ok: "Last Activity: 2024-09-02 10:13 PM") seemed against the odds, but I am glad it happened. Is it possible to catch lightning in a bottle a third time? I hope so.

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions