The Traders' Den  

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions

Home Forums FAQ Register Members List

Notices

Site Announcements & Suggestions This is where you should make your suggestions to us on how to improve your experience here and where to post about site problems/issues.
Moderators

Old 2024-09-20, 11:03 PM
1.50 TB/4.35 TB/2.91

Re: We've had a great 20 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTau View Post
Theoretically that would be possible, then I would have to burn 50,000 CDs + X, but I would reach my limits when storing these CDs, my room here in the nursing home is only about 4 by 4 meters and is already so overcrowded that the nurses complain that they can hardly look after me properly ...

PanTau
Cloud storage.....
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes
Old Yesterday, 12:48 AM
The Analog Kid
6.14 TB/4.92 TB/0.80

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesabman View Post
I agree it is the TYPE of blank CD you use that matters. I forgot to mention that. I used both Sony & Maxell blank CD-R's. But since those idiots at Sony decided to discontinue blank CD's for music I use exclusively only Maxell blanks. And have had no issues with them. I buy 50 pack spindles & have yet to get a bad one. I trust Maxell products because back in the old tape trading days I always used Maxell XL II's & they ALL STILL PLAY.

It's not the brand name that matters but who actually produces the discs and/or the stampers for the discs. Maxell has sold discs from multiple manufacturers. Back in the day, Taiyo Yuden, Fuji, Verbatim Data Life were the best.
Old Yesterday, 12:50 AM
The Analog Kid
6.14 TB/4.92 TB/0.80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeace View Post
Until 15 years from now when all your CDs have faded and they don't read anymore, or they play with tic tic tic going throughout
10 year rule. Don't expect ANY media to be reliable after 10 years. Anyone should be moving their backups to new media every decade, it doesn't matter if its the same media type or a different type. Also, the rule of three applies. If you don't have 3 copies, you don't have a backup. Local, backup and offsite.
Old Yesterday, 02:08 AM
1.15 TB/1.72 TB/1.49

it's maybe very interesting to read about your storage problems and how you fix them.
But that doesn't help us with the actual topic, which is: TTD will be closed and is there a way to prevent it?
Or is there progress in the case that someone has found who can help with programming to get TTD alife eventually?
Old Yesterday, 06:37 AM
Independent collector
68.03 GB/677.00 GB/9.95

For more visibility:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...7&postcount=13
Original:
http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/...51&postcount=1

Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM
}{eywood, copyright fighter
TTD VIP
550.18 GB/2.40 TB/4.46

Location: too close to Niagara Falls to see what the big deal is

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackers View Post
I'm the same way. Have had few problems over the decades.
The fact is it will happen, if not now, within the next 10 years. They are made with a dye that will eventually fade. Abot 40%of the Stephane masters I've worked on have disc rot issues. Nearly all the discs I burned in the 90s are shot now
To enforce copyright laws is to prevent people from making peaceful use of the information they possess. If one has acquired the information legitimately it is a violation of freedom of speech to prevent one from using it, reproducing it, trading it. Information is a universal, existing in other people's minds and other people's property, and over these the originator has no legitimate sovereignty. Copyright laws extort from the public a reward enormously in excess of the labor measure of an entertainers' services, making them, in essence, discriminatory against anyone paid a single time for a job. The only way there will ever be balance is when we are either all paid ad infinitum for work we did years ago, or when they are not. Until then I will fight for the freedom of information by challenging copyright law every chance I get. Join the Pirate Party and help make a difference.
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM
889.62 GB/412.35 GB/0.46

I've been around a long time and I'd like to thank the people that have kept it up and running. I honestly won't miss it but that's just me.
Old Today, 12:10 AM
9.41 TB/12.47 TB/1.33

Thanks for all the music!
Old Today, 11:35 AM
1.16 GB/10.48 GB/8.99

as different as I might be from time to time from the other people who hang out here I never found a place online where I fit in better either, so October 19th will be a somewhat sobering day -
words can't repay the labor of love you put into this Ms. U2Lynne, thank you so much!

and thanks to the guys w the freeforums TTD v.02, giving us a place to keep the spirit flowing

Last edited by benjett7; Today at 12:14 PM.
Old Today, 12:32 PM
wanna buy me a drink????
1.88 TB/2.30 TB/1.22

I saw U posted a torrent there the other day...good to have a little activity over there.
"Trust a pro" Keith Richards
"here is my offer: nothing" Mike C

The Traders' Den > Where we go to learn ..... > Site Announcements & Suggestions